Recent IPO Trends in India indicate a lackluster performance in 2022. We are focusing on the India IPO Trends 2022 for main board IPO. Though Initial public offerings are down over 35% in 2022 as compared to the previous year, many companies completed their IPO offering towards the end of the year. IPO performance report suggests that 41% of the IPO offer came during the last two months of 2022. November month has witnessed 10 companies while December has 7 companies come up with their IPOs.
India is in the brighter spots globally in terms of initial public offerings in the year 2022. The total volume of IPO Net-proceed down about 50% against the previous year. However, India saw one of its biggest-ever listings of Life Insurance Corp of India raised INR 21008.48 Crore in 2022. Considering the DRHP filed by the companies with SEBI to get approval for their IPO offer, we are also expecting a good year in 2023.
Recent IPO Trends in India
- After being on a declining trend in the Indian IPO market in 2022, the IPO activity picked up in October 2022.
- The total number of mainboard IPOs declined by 35% in 2022 against the previous year.
- 17 Companies listed in the last two months of the year out of 41 mainboard IPOs listed over the year 2022.
- Over 50% of IPO-bound companies are listed positively above their issue price.
- Only three companies listed in 2022 gave over 100% return from their listing price, as of December 20, 2022.
- Significant regulatory changes announced in 2022 that will further support IPO activities over the next years.
- The lock-in period for anchor investors changed. This used to be 30 days before anchor investor can sell their shares. Now anchor investors can sell only 50% of their holdings after 30 days, and the rest 50% can be sold after 90 days.
- Sebi amends ICDR regulations to provide an 18-month window for pre-filed IPOs.
- SEBI notified the confidential DRHP filing norms in the Indian IPO market.
- TATA Play became the first company to apply Confidential IPO in the year.
- More robust IPO market activity is expected in 2023, particularly in the second half of 2023, according to the EY report published in Q2-2021.
The 6 most significant events of 2022 impacted India IPO Trends 2022
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine creates a humanitarian crisis.
- Though the COVID-19 pandemic eases, it raises its head from time to time to make its presence feel.
- The price of crude oil and natural gas increased significantly which affects the global economy.
- Central banks across the globe have raised interest rates to ease inflation
- Investors faced high inflation and rising interest rates and turned to safer, more profitable alternatives.
- US-China tension and China-India border tension grow.
Out of the recently listed new companies in the India share market 2022, many companies has not done very well in their stock market debut. Let us have a look on India IPO trends 2022 in the table below.
|Issuer Company||Subscription Open Date||Subscription Close Date||Issue Price (Rs)||Issue Size (Rs Cr)|
|Sah Polymers Limited IPO||Dec 30, 2022||Jan 04, 2023|
|Radiant Cash Management Services Limited IPO||Dec 23, 2022||Dec 27, 2022||99||387.94|
|Elin Electronics Limited IPO||Dec 20, 2022||Dec 22, 2022||247||475|
|KFin Technologies Limited IPO||Dec 19, 2022||Dec 21, 2022||366||1500|
|Landmark Cars Limited IPO||Dec 13, 2022||Dec 15, 2022||506||552|
|Sula Vineyards Limited IPO||Dec 12, 2022||Dec 14, 2022||357||960.35|
|Abans Holdings Limited IPO||Dec 12, 2022||Dec 15, 2022||270||345.6|
|Uniparts India Limited IPO||Nov 30, 2022||Dec 02, 2022||577||835.61|
|Dharmaj Crop Guard Limited IPO||Nov 28, 2022||Nov 30, 2022||237||251.15|
|Keystone Realtors Limited IPO||Nov 14, 2022||Nov 16, 2022||541||635|
|Inox Green Energy Services Limited IPO||Nov 11, 2022||Nov 15, 2022||65||740|
|Kaynes Technology India Ltd IPO||Nov 10, 2022||Nov 14, 2022||587||857.82|
|Archean Chemical Industries Limited IPO||Nov 09, 2022||Nov 11, 2022||407||1462.31|
|Five Star Business Finance Ltd IPO||Nov 09, 2022||Nov 11, 2022||474||1593.45|
|Global Health Limited IPO||Nov 03, 2022||Nov 07, 2022||336||2205.57|
|Bikaji Foods International Limited IPO||Nov 03, 2022||Nov 07, 2022||300||881.22|
|Fusion Micro Finance Limited IPO||Nov 02, 2022||Nov 04, 2022||368||1103.99|
|DCX Systems Limited IPO||Oct 31, 2022||Nov 02, 2022||207||500|
|Tracxn Technologies Limited IPO||Oct 10, 2022||Oct 12, 2022||80||309.38|
|Electronics Mart India Limited IPO||Oct 04, 2022||Oct 07, 2022||59||500|
|Harsha Engineers International Ltd IPO||Sep 14, 2022||Sep 16, 2022||330||755|
|Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited IPO||Sep 05, 2022||Sep 07, 2022||510||807.84|
|Dreamfolks Services Limited IPO||Aug 24, 2022||Aug 26, 2022||326||562.1|
|Syrma SGS Technology Ltd IPO||Aug 12, 2022||Aug 18, 2022||220||840|
|Aether Industries Limited IPO||May 24, 2022||May 26, 2022||642||808.04|
|eMudhra Limited IPO||May 20, 2022||May 24, 2022||256||412.79|
|Ethos Limited IPO||May 18, 2022||May 20, 2022||878||472.29|
|Paradeep Phosphates Limited IPO||May 17, 2022||May 19, 2022||42||1501.73|
|Delhivery Limited IPO||May 11, 2022||May 13, 2022||487||5235|
|Venus Pipes & Tubes Limited IPO||May 11, 2022||May 13, 2022||326||165.42|
|Prudent Corporate Advisory Services Limited IPO||May 10, 2022||May 12, 2022||630||538.61|
|Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) IPO||May 04, 2022||May 09, 2022||949||21008.48|
|Rainbow Children's Medicare Limited IPO||Apr 27, 2022||Apr 29, 2022||542||1580.85|
|Campus Activewear Limited IPO||Apr 26, 2022||Apr 28, 2022||292||1400.14|
|Hariom Pipe Industries Limited IPO||Mar 30, 2022||Apr 05, 2022||153||130.05|
|Veranda Learning Solutions Limited IPO||Mar 29, 2022||Mar 31, 2022||137||200|
|Uma Exports Limited IPO||Mar 28, 2022||Mar 30, 2022||68||60|
|Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd FPO||Mar 24, 2022||Mar 28, 2022||650||4300|
|Vedant Fashions Limited IPO||Feb 04, 2022||Feb 08, 2022||866||3149.19|
|Adani Wilmar Limited IPO||Jan 27, 2022||Jan 31, 2022||230||3600|
|AGS Transact Technologies Ltd IPO||Jan 19, 2022||Jan 21, 2022||175||680|
IPO Performance Report
The IPOs in 2022 faced a tepid response with normal listing day performance. As per the IPO performance report of 2022, many IPOs got strong responses during the subscription period but failed to lure investors on listing day. It is also noticed that many IPOs go below their issue price once the anchor investor sold their shares after 30 days of the lock-in period. PayTM, and Nykaa is among those IPOs that failed to lure investors after being listed on the stock exchanges.
The geopolitical instabilities started in the second half of February 2022 cautioned investors across the globe. A higher inflation rate due to sanctions on Russia followed by high-interest rates and a higher dollar index forced investors to move to a safe investment zone. That was evident by the absence of IPOs in the first half of the year 2022. The IPOs in 2021 performed better on listing day, compared to the ones in 2022 as investors choose only those IPOs priced attractively.
More Across from our Website
We endeavor to help you to understand different aspects of a company before you invest in the company’s IPO, India IPO Trends 2022, New Companies in the Indian share market 2022. To know more information about business overview of each company, here are some suggested readings on company insights 10 Best IPOs in 2022, Concord Bio IPO, Tata Play IPO, Upcoming IPOs, Upcoming SME IPOs.