The data center companies in India are booming, fueled by the surging demand for cloud services, online streaming, and mobile internet penetration. The government of India is promoting data center companies in India and abroad to invest in the sector. In terms of data center investment in 2023, India attracted about $21.4 billion of data center investment commitment in the first six months of 2023.
The data center capacity in India was at 637 MW in 2022 and is expected to reach 1.5 GW capacity by 2025 with 45 new data centers with a combined 13 million square feet. Mumbai and Chennai are expected to account for over 80% of the data center market in India.
The data center market size is estimated at $5.1 billion in 2022 while the DC market size is expected to reach $9.3 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of approximately 5.9% from 2023 to 2027.
Let us find out who are these companies and what is their capacity in terms of data centers in India. If these companies are colocation data centers or hyperscalers.
Are you looking to invest in data center companies or want to partner with any of these companies in India, picking the best data center company is important. Let us find out more.
Data center companies in India
Data center companies can be divided into hyperscalers and co-location data centers. Major hyperscale companies in India like AWS, Microsoft, and Google have increased their investment in India.
AWS plans to invest $4.4 billion by 2030 in India to build its second data center cluster in Hyderabad, India.
Let us find out who are the major data center companies in India with their capacity and location of data centers.
NTT Global Data Centers in India
As part of the world’s leading telecom giant, NTT brings global expertise to data centers in India. The company offers high-density, carrier-neutral data centers across India for over 20 years. Headquartered in Mumbai, the company supports the demanding ICT requirements of hyperscalers, enterprises, and more.
- Mumbai – Operating the largest data centers in Mumbai. The company operates 7 data centers in Mumbai
- Mumbai 5 offers 12.5MW of critical IT load and 6,700Sqm of combined data center server space.
- Mumbai 6 Data Center, with 19.2MW of critical IT load and 8,400m² of combined data center server space.
- Mumbai 7 Data Center, with 25.6MW of critical IT load and 10,300m² of data center server space.
- Mumbai BSE Data Center
- Mumbai Vikhroli Data Center, with 2.4MW of critical IT load and 3,000m² of server space.
- Mumbai Vikhroli IV Data Center provides 3MW of critical IT load.
- Navi Mumbai Data Center with 37,000 Sqm of space with 30MW of critical IT load.
STT GDC India
STT GDC is a leader in Tier II and Tier III data center solutions. Their facilities in Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru are known for their cost-effectiveness and flexible deployment options. STT GDC India operates 27 data centres in India across 9 cities with over 280 MW IT capacity.
- Ahmedabad data center spread over almost 70,000 sq. ft. The STT Ahmedabad DC 1 boasts a power capacity of ~3MW IT load.
- Bengaluru – 3 data centers.
- DC 1 is one of the first STT GDC India Data Centers with 0.6MW
- STT Bengaluru DC 2 offers a 4MW IT load.
- STT Bengaluru DC 2 offers an 18MW IT load
- Chennai – 7 data centers
- The STT Chennai DC 1, covers 80,000 sq. ft with a capacity of a total 5MW of IT load.
- The STT Chennai DC 2, with a total power capacity of 45MW of IT load.
- The STT Chennai DC 3, with a total power capacity of 15MW of IT load.
- Two data centers are under construction. The STT Chennai DC 4 and DC 7, with a total power capacity of 18MW and 9.5MW capacity of IT load respectively.
Web Werks Data Centers in India
Web Werk is one of the best andpioneers in the Indian data center space. They offer a diverse range of colocation, cloud, and managed services, catering to businesses of all sizes with their customer-centric approach and competitive pricing. The company operates in 6 data centers in India and caters to the requirements of over 850 clients.
- Web Werks operates 2 data centers in Mumbai, India.
- Mumbai 1 – Tier III Designed, Dedicated Data Center space, 50,000 sq. ft. floor space, 800 Racks, 2MW IT loads scalable to 4MW.
- Mumbai 2 – MUM-2 data center is an 82,000 Sq.ft facility offering up to 6.26 MW of IT load.
- Pune data center – Dedicated Data Center space, 35,000 sq. ft. floor space, 500 Racks, power up to 5MW.
- Delhi-NCR data center – Tier III Designed, Dedicated Data Center space, 70,000 sq. ft. floor space, 1200 Racks, power up to 10MW.
- Bangalore Data Center, BLR-1 with 80,000 sq. ft. space, 7.5MW hyperscale-ready campus.
- Hyderabad Data Center, HYD-1, with 120,000 ft2 facilities offering up to 5.5 MW of IT load.
Yotta Data Center
Yotta Data Center is a part of the Hiranandani Group. The company brings you unmatched world-class and cost-effective data centers. The company is into Hyperscale Data Center Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Services.
Yotta data centers have been built in two major locations in India, Delhi – NCR and Mumbai. Yotta Greater Noida data center park will be expanded with 6 interconnected data center buildings featuring 30,000 racks capacity and 160MW power.
- Yotta D1, NCR-Delhi
- 5000 Racks
- 300,000 SqFt
- 28.8MW IT power
- Yotta NM1, Navi Mumbai
- 7200 Racks
- 50MW IT power
- 600-acre plot
- 4 Fiber Paths
Adani Connex Data Centers in India
AdaniConneX is a joint venture between Adani Group and EdgeConneX. The joint venture planned to empower digital India with 1 GW of data center capacity over the next decade. AdaniConnex has data centers in major cities of India such as Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, and Vizag.
- AdaniConneX Chennai 1 DC Facility with 33 MW capacity powered by renewable energy
- Hyderabad facility offers world-class colocation services of 100MW IT load powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Mumbai facility offers world-class colocation services of 100MW IT load powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Noida facility offers world-class colocation services of 100MW IT load powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Pune facility offers world-class colocation services of 70MW IT load powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Vizag facility offers world-class colocation services of 100MW IT load powered by 100% renewable energy. Will start operating in 2024.
Other Data Center Companies in India
India is going to be a hub of data centers for the Asia Pacific region after China. Looking at the demand, national and international data center companies are entering the country through acquisitions or new data centers.
Other Major Data Center Companies in India
|Name of the Data Centers in India
|ESDS Software Solutions
|Nxtra Data Center (Airtel)
|Reliance Data Centers
Major hyperscale companies in India
With growing internet usage in India with the increasing demand for AI products, smart home devices, 5G connection, and penetration of mobiles, the demand for data centers is likely to increase. India does not want to depend on other countries for its data storage requirements due to security reasons. Hence, the government of India is asking major data center players to operate from India. That drives the Data Centers in India.
Partnering with local real estate players or monitoring the activities of global data center companies in India, you can understand your competitors better. Again, for tech companies, the right data center partner can be the game-changer. Hence, it is important to keep track of your competitors and customers’ activities in the region as a whole and in India particularly to keep yourself ahead of the game.
More From Across our Website
We endeavor to help you to understand different aspects of a company before you invest in the company’s IPO. Learn all company insights for investment in new companies in the Indian share market 2023. To know more information about company insights for investment, business overview of companies for investment, here are some suggested readings on company insights for investment –10 Best IPOs in 2022, Tata Motors Stock Price, Tata Play IPO, Upcoming IPOs, Upcoming SME IPOs, Tesla Stock Price, Tata Technologies IPO.
mind2markets is in news
Feedstop has mentioned mind2markets website as one of the best site to provide stock analysis and insights about the company to invest in. Keep in touch.