Green Hydrogen companies in India:
Governments across the countries are focusing on green energy, green hydrogen is one of the best sources of energy. The government of India has approved a US$2 Billion National Green Hydrogen Scheme to promote green hydrogen production. Looking at the value chain of green hydrogen, two major areas need to be focused on while discussing about green hydrogen companies – green hydrogen producers and electrolyzer manufacturers.
Green hydrogen fuel is the next goal of India to reduce dependency on imported fuel. To achieve energy independence by 2047, India has focused on green hydrogen. 34 companies bid for the PIL scheme of the Government of India which is offering incentives worth about 10 percent of the costs to produce green hydrogen fuel. Many listed and non-listed companies bid for the Green Hydrogen PLI scheme. Let us find out why these companies are focusing on renewable energy.
Green Hydrogen companies in India
The companies that are engaged in the green hydrogen manufacturing process can be divided into two segments based on the investor’s point of view. These segments can be green hydrogen companies in India listed in NSE or BSE and green hydrogen companies in India that are not listed in any of the exchanges.
This may not be an exhaustive list of Green Hydrogen companies in India. But we tried to cover as much as possible. If you want to know more about Green Hydrogen companies in India like their green hydrogen production capacity, plant location, and strategic plans for expansion, please reach out to us with the email ID on the footer of this page, you can also comment with your email ID saying “Want to know more”, we will reach out to you for further discussion. Again, please share your email ID for a regular update on these companies activities across the world.
Green Hydrogen Companies in India Listed in NSE or BSE
Companies that as engaged in the renewable energy segment are mostly interested in investing in Green hydrogen. Green hydrogen is the fuel of the future. So, big energy companies in India are interested in jumping on this bandwagon. The below Green Hydrogen Companies in India Listed in NSE and engaged in producing green hydrogen and are .
- Adani New Industries Ltd. (ANIL) – Adani Group
- ANIL partnered with Total Energy and is planning to invest US$ 50 billion over the next decade to produce green hydrogen and build the ecosystem around it. The company is planning to produce 1 million tonnes of green hydrogen per annum by 2030.
- Acme Cleantech – ACME Group
- Acme Cleantech Solutions Pvt Ltd, part of Acme Group, will invest INR 524.7 billion / USD 6.6bn to set up a 1.5-GW complex to produce green hydrogen and ammonia in Tamil Nadu.Acme Group is also looking to raise $300 million in fresh equity from PE funds to bid for new power projects.
- The Acme Group has also been selected for setting up green hydrogen with an allocated capacity of 90,000 tonnes per annum. The company is likely to get an incentive of ₹30 per kg on average, for three years.
- The company is planning to convert at least 10% of its gray hydrogen to green hydrogen by 2029-30.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) and Greenstat Hydrogen India Pvt. Ltd. (GHIPL) signed an MoU for Green Hydrogen production.
- Jindal India is planning to set up an electrolyzer manufacturing plant and one of the winners of the SECI tender to set up a 1.5GW electrolyzer plant in India.
- Larsen & Toubro
- L&T is already an established company in green hydrogen with a production capacity of 45 kg per day in its Hazira plant, in Gujarat.
- Bharat Petroleum Corp
- BPCL has already installed a 5MW electrolyzer system to set up a green hydrogen production facility in a phased manner.
- The company emerged as a successful bidder to establish a 10,500-tonne per annum green hydrogen production facility with an investment of around Rs. 500 crore.
- JSW Energy
- JSW Energy signed an agreement with JSW Steel to supply green hydrogen.
- The company is planning to set up a green hydrogen plant in Karnataka with a capacity of 3,800 tonnes with an investment of Rs 85,000 crore in the next seven years.
- Reliance Green Hydrogen – Reliance Industries
- Reliance Industries is one of the major producers of gray hydrogen and the company wants to transition toward green hydrogen by 2025. The company is also planning to reduce the cost of green hydrogen to below Rs1/ KG over the next decade. It will invest around US$75 in clean energy projects over the next 15 years.
- Torrent Power – the company formed a wholly owned subsidiary “Torrent Green Hydrogen Private Limited”. The company also started a pilot project for blending green hydrogen (GH2) with natural gas in its city gas distribution (CGD) network.
Non-listed Green Hydrogen Companies in India
Here is the list of companies and their recent activities where the companies are private companies. These Green Hydrogen companies in India are not listed yet and may be tied up with any other listed companies.
- THDC India Limited
- THDC India Limited, a leading Power Sector PSU, successfully implemented India’s one of the First Pilot Projects to produce 50 kg of Green Hydrogen daily sourcing input energy from a 1MW Rooftop Solar Plant.
- An India-based subsidiary of Ohmium International partnered with NTPC to supply electrolyzers. These electrolyzers are expected to be integrated into projects totaling up to 400 megawatts (MW) of capacity.
- Waaree Energies
- Waaree Renewable Technologies bags 1 MW green hydrogen project of green hydrogen in Maharashtra. The project will be completed by the end of 2024.
Other Green Hydrogen Companies in India
- Aneeka Universal
- Sembcorp Green Hydrogen India
- Welspun New Energy
- Green Chemicals
- HHP Two
- Advait Infratech
- Hild Electric Private
- John Cockerill Greenko Hydrogen Solutions
- Green H2 Network India
- Oriana Power
- Matrix Gas and Renewables
- HHP Seven
- C. Doctor & Company
- Pratishna Engineers
- LiveHy Energy
- Avaada GreenH2
- Greenko ZeroC
Global Green Hydrogen Companies Interested in India Initiative
ReNew proposed a total investment of Rs 26,400 crore for a green hydrogen project with 220-kilo-tonnes-per-annum of production capacity in Kerala. This plant will produce 1,100 KTPA of green ammonia and will be powered by a 2GW capacity electrolyzer.
More From Across our Website
We endeavor to help you to understand different aspects of a company before you invest in the company’s IPO. Learn all company insights for investment in new companies in the Indian share market 2023. To know more information about company insights for investment, business overview of companies for investment, here are some suggested readings on company insights for investment – Green Hydrogen Stocks in India, 10 Best IPOs in 2022, Tata Motors Stock Price, Tata Play IPO, Upcoming IPOs, Upcoming SME IPOs, Tesla Stock Price, Tata Technologies IPO.